Sunday, March 2, 2008

Starting Out

Even though Odysseus had a full squadron of ships with him when he started his journey home, I will be doing this quest alone, in order to maximize confidentiality and life loss. This mission from M is top-secret, and therefore I must undertake it alone. Also, although I have no qualms about risking my own life on this mission, I refuse to risk the lives of a full crew. Considering what happened to Odysseus' crew in the famous novel, this was probably a good choice. This is, of course, assuming that I will find proof of Odysseus' voyage.
To begin the journey, I sailed to Ismara, the island where Odysseus ran into the Cicones. Although Odysseus didn't really do anything extraordinary here, I decided to start here so that I would follow his same journey. However, there was nothing here. No settlements, no people, nothing, so I decided to move on.